Medical Information on the Internet
When using the internet for medical information, we offer the following guidance.
- Always look for a balanced view. Do not just rely on one site.
- Remember that anyone can publish anything on the internet.
- Make sure the authors and their qualifications are listed.
- Look at what other reliable information the site refers to.
- Check that the site is regularly updated.
- Look for advertising which might influence the information on the site.
- Avoid online consultations or diagnoses.
- Check on privacy and confidentiality.
- Sites from outside the UK may mention treatments that are not available here.
We hope patients may find the following websites helpful. However, all links from this website are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.