Find out more here.
Comments & Feedback
- You can rate and review the practice here. You can also read about other people's experience of the practice. However, if you have issues with the practice and your experience, please do also let our Practice Manager know so that we can remedy any problems as soon as possible.
- The Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group also has a variety of ways to receive feedback. Please visit their website for further information.
- Should you need to make a complaint, details of our complaints procedure can be found here.
Islip Medical Practice
Islip Medical Practice is situated in the North Oxfordshire village of Islip, halfway between Oxford and Bicester. The practice area includes the villages of Islip, Bletchingdon, Weston-on-the-Green, Kirtlington, Beckley, Horton-cum-Studley, Charlton-on-Otmoor, Murcott and Stanton St. John.
Latest News from the Practice
Book your flu jab today
Contact reception to arrange an appointment - first flu clinic Saturday morning, 1st October.
What is this about?
NHS 111 is now available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and calls from both landlines and mobiles are free. The service is part of a national programme to make it easier for the public to access urgent health services.
Dialing 111 will get you through to a team of fully trained call advisers, who are supported by experienced nurses. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms, and give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you to the right local service. The NHS 111 team will, where possible, book you an appointment or transfer you directly to the people you need to speak to. If they think you need an ambulance, they will send one immediately, just as if you had originally dialled 999.
When do I use it?
All GP practices are now required to declare the mean earnings (eg average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working for 6 months or more at Islip Medical Practice in the last financial year was £29882 before Tax and National Insurance. This is for 3 full time and 3 part time and 3 locum GPs.
GP practices in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire are now working together as part of the PML (Principal Medical Ltd) GP Federation. The Federation is a new way of working for GPs and it was created to enhance the delivery of health and care services for the people in our area.
You can read more about the Federation and the latest news about the Kidlington Hub, which helps us to provide urgent same-day appointments, here.
Did you know you can now have your say to help improve more services across the NHS? The Friends and Family Test is about giving patients the opportunity to provide quick feedback on their care and treatment experience. It's already in use in many parts of the NHS and is expanding to a lot more. You can say what is going well and what can be improved so that people who make decisions about local healthcare can take your views into account. It doesn't take long and you don't need to give your details on your feedback form. Look for details in the reception waiting room or click here.
This practice is now using the Patient Access Medical Record Viewer, an online system which enables you to view your medical record using a personal computer, or other device, and the internet. The Patient Access Medical Record Viewer is a website that enables you to view the information that the practice holds about you easily and quickly. It includes the following facilities:
- blue information buttons beside the names of medications, medical problems and test results, which you can click to access easy-to-understand and accurate information tailored to your specific medical problems and test results;
- patient information leaflets, including links to the websites of national patient organisations such as Asthma UK and Diabetes UK, where you can find further useful information.